lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] TCP Crash after repeated calls [Raw]

From: Chris_S
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] TCP Crash after repeated calls [Raw]
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 04:01:40 -0700

I'm using FreeRTOS and running lwIP in a single thread.  The other thread
tasks are largely trivial right now, and I actually tried shutting down the
other tasks just to see what effect it had.  Not much. Crashes and strange
behavior still persist.  The lwIP timers are all called from the same lwIP
task.  I tried moving a number of things around, but still I cannot get any
stable behavior.  It is frustrating that the ping and tcp works all/some of
the time, but yet tcp fails during repeated calls.

At this point I think I may remove FreeRTOS to eliminate that whole set of
variables, and try to get this running just out of the Main loop.  Between
the RTOS and lwIP I find it extremely difficult to debug.  Too many complex
interactions that are difficult to trace.

The debug/stat values seemed good to me as well.  I could not find any
visible reason to explain the repeat failures.  I've tried changing heap
values and various lwipopts.h values, but nothing seems to tame it down or
correlate.  Very frustrating and time consuming.

Appreciate your help Kieran.