lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] best approach to lwip using FreeRTOS

From: Francois Bouchard
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] best approach to lwip using FreeRTOS
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 09:59:25 -0500

Hi,

If you are used to the raw API, I suggest to continue with it.  The raw API
takes a bit less RAM, and its a bit faster than the other two APIs.  As an
example,  with  the raw API and a OS (FreeRTOS in your case, and mine too!)
you can implement an echo server with only 2 tasks:

1) an Ethernet task that receive/manage Rxed frames
2) and the core TCP/IP thread

Francois