lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip with network hubs

From: Bandu
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip with network hubs
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 09:31:12 +0000

packet buffers? is that MEM_SIZE?  i got it up to 32K, but it didn't made any difference.

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 8:43 AM, Kieran Mansley <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 21:08 +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> Are there any other devices on the network? I'd expect your hardware is
> too slow to keep up with full wire speed receiving and that's what you
> get with a hub when there are many devices talking over the net (as with
> a hub you get *every* packet, not only broadcast packets like you do
> with a switch).

It might not be that it's too slow; another possibility is that it just
doesn't have enough packet buffers to deal with all the other packets as
well as those that are for the lwIP device, and so you start to get
dropped packets and connections.  This should be easy to check by using
the lwIP stats counters.

Kieran