lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] For those of you working with an Altera product...

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] For those of you working with an Altera product...
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 01:02:03 +0100

Timmy Brolin wrote:
From their webpage:
"NicheLiteā„¢ product is the only fully featured TCP/IP stack available
that requires as little as 12 KB of memory."
Sounds like challenge?

Sounds like typical weasel-words marketing-speak to me. I bet it is fully featured, and it can require as little as 12 KB of memory *BUT NOT AT THE SAME TIME*.

As part of a fact-finding exercise within my company, I was asked to find the footprint for our eCosPro RTOS and lwIP. I could fit a simple example raw API lwIP httpd application in 33K ROM, and 10.6K RAM on AT91SAM7X. And there's more I could have done with a bit more effort - and I suspect their "12 KB of memory" refers only to RAM.

That figure includes the OS and the httpd, as well as lwIP, so I think we have them beat already by quite some margin.

Jifl