lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Stand alone PPP use

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Stand alone PPP use
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 18:48:26 +0100

Akshat Bisht wrote:
@jifl: i'm working on a ARM7 LCP2129 processor which does not feature a ethernet port. I'm using a hayes modem dial-up to call remote location using PPP. I'd be greateful for help for my case, as i'm very new to lwip and networking.

I don't really use the PPP side myself, but others have, so it should be possible.

Jifl

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 8:12 PM, Jonathan Larmour <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    Akshat Bisht wrote:
     > @Dustin Thanks i'll have a look and report to do about help/success.
     > Just being curious-but using the whole lwip (with ppp) is that
    do-able?

    Yes I imagine it could be possible to have both complete TCP/IP
    stacks in
    your product, one for ethernet, one for PPP. Not so
    memory-efficient, but
    probably not too bad. This assumes your program doesn't mind not
    being able
    to use the same sockets interface for both stacks.

    Jifl
    --
    eCosCentric Limited      http://www.eCosCentric.com/     The eCos
    experts