lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Stand alone PPP use

From: Akshat Bisht
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Stand alone PPP use
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 09:12:11 +0530

@jifl: i'm working on a ARM7 LCP2129 processor which does not feature a ethernet port. I'm using a hayes modem dial-up to call remote location using PPP. I'd be greateful for help for my case, as i'm very new to lwip and networking.

Thanks and regards,
AB

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 8:12 PM, Jonathan Larmour <address@hidden> wrote:
Akshat Bisht wrote:
> @Dustin Thanks i'll have a look and report to do about help/success.
> Just being curious-but using the whole lwip (with ppp) is that do-able?

Yes I imagine it could be possible to have both complete TCP/IP stacks in
your product, one for ethernet, one for PPP. Not so memory-efficient, but
probably not too bad. This assumes your program doesn't mind not being able
to use the same sockets interface for both stacks.

Jifl
--
eCosCentric Limited      http://www.eCosCentric.com/     The eCos experts
Barnwell House, Barnwell Drive, Cambridge, UK.       Tel: +44 1223 245571