lwip-users

RE : Re : RE : [lwip-users] How to begin using lwIP stack

From: Frédéric BERNON
Subject: RE : Re : RE : [lwip-users] How to begin using lwIP stack
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 11:41:39 +0200

Hi

>link_callback==UP
>status_callback==UP, local interface IP is 192.168.1.200
Ok, your netif is "up"

>3com.com: 192.136.34.41
DNS client is working

>sntp_process: Wed Jul 02 10:23:44 2008
SNTP client is working

>ping: send 192.168.1.1
>ping: recv - 1000 ms - timeout
It's seems that your gateway doesn't always answer (do a wireshark capture to
be sure, perhaps the problem is somewhere else).

>I'm using the last stable contrib-1.3.0, (23 Mar 2008), not the version on
>CVS, and i cannot decide what apps to start in Test.exe.
Take a look to
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/contrib/ports/win32/test.c?revision=1.15&root=lwip&view=markup,
 in apps_init(), you will see how the last release allows to configure which
apps are started (the last code is not very different than the one you use)

>I think that now the stack is working, isn't it?
Yes, it seems it work. You can check an incoming tcp connection by trying to
connect to http://NETBIOSLWIPDEV (it should work since the netbios "server" is
started in test.c) or http://192.168.1.200 .

>modbus protocol on tcp
I think you can find on the net some source code for that

>But I don't understand what I have to do to initialize the lwip stack before i
>try to create the server or the client.
In fact, nothing more, since the stack is started, you just have to add your
code in apps_init (with this framework).

====================================
Frédéric BERNON
HYMATOM SA
Chef de projet informatique