lwip-users

[lwip-users] [Help]My Lwip project works in 10Mbits but not in 100Mbits

From: Ben
Subject: [lwip-users] [Help]My Lwip project works in 10Mbits but not in 100Mbits ?
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 10:05:45 +0200

Hi,
I'm on Nios II ide and quartus 6.0.
I use your driver Lwip (1.0 version at this moment) given on the nios forum.
I can use my software but the ethernet works only in 10Mbits not in 100Mbits even if when I plug the cable , the connection is etablished in auto negociation (in 100 Mbits).

I use the correct cable and my application (software in Nios II IDE) works very great in 100Mbits on Board Dev Kit : Cyclone II ... from altera.

So, I need your help to know where have wrong or else.

So I put to you the archive in .qar and our design (in word format).

link for the file .qar (careful 21 Mo the file sorry) : http://tite.yuko.free.fr/Taff/etep508A-MIS_19_03.qar
and for the file word design : http://tite.yuko.free.fr/Taff/Design_eth.doc

I work with LwIp Driver that works great on the Dev Board Kit Cyclone II too.
And our own board but only in mode 10Mbits.

I try to explain more correctly . (I'm French so my english is maybe not good).

So,

I want to say that :
when I plug the cable between my computer and our own board, the connection is established correctly in 100Mbits mode (in auto negociation = auto detection on the ethernet port of my computer). But the communication doesn't work ( I try to ping my board at the ip but no response).

So I force my ethernet port from my computer to work in 10Mbits (after the connection is established) and I can ping the board and use my software which receive or send any information by ethernet.

I hope that is more clear.

Now, my Phy/Mac device is Lan91C111-INU from SMSC ( connected to a ST6118T transformer and a Ethernet RJ45 connector). It's a 10/100 Non-PCI Ethernet Single Chip MAc/Phy .

Thanks

Regards,
Ben