lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Stack corruption with high load tcp raw api

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Stack corruption with high load tcp raw api
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 12:06:31 +0000

On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 11:22 +0100, Erik Ekman wrote:
> Any ideas? I am thinking about trying the CVS HEAD, but I think it
> just is a error in my raw api usage.

The most common explanation for errors of this kind is that there is > 1
thread concurrently accessing the core of lwIP.  This can include
application threads, TCP timer threads, and receive packet processing
driven by interrupts.  lwIP isn't terribly thread safe, so you need to
be careful about protecting it.  This is improving (and CVS is better
than 1.2.0 in this respect).  There is some documentation on the wiki
about what exactly needs to be protected: http://lwip.scribblewiki.com/

Kieran