lwip-users

AW: [lwip-users] Stack corruption with high load tcp raw api

From: Goldschmidt Simon
Subject: AW: [lwip-users] Stack corruption with high load tcp raw api
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 13:06:06 +0100

> I get the same errors both on target with lots of interrupts running
> and when emulating on Linux with a few pthreads.

This sounds interesting. Are you using raw API functions from different
threads? If so, I'm almost sure that's your problem: the lwIP core is
(aside from the mem_*, memp_*, pbuf_* and sys_* functions) NOT
thread-safe. If you want multithreading, youse netconn or socket API
instead.

Using raw API functions from different threads would explain the pbuf
corruption very well!

BTW: CVS HEAD has various bug fixes regarding multithreading, but the
principle that core functions and variables are not locked against
concurrent access remains.

Simon