lwip-users

[lwip-users] proper way to close a TCP socket

From: Steve Waligurski
Subject: [lwip-users] proper way to close a TCP socket
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 12:05:10 -0400

Hi,

What is the proper sequence of calls for a client to close a TCP socket connection using lwIP when connected with either static IP or DHCP.  My software is in a constant state of read using lwip_read, it only returns when I get a packet.  If I call close in this state, nothing gets transmitted to the server and it hangs on the function call.  In DHCP mode, it hangs on the call to dhcp_release.  I could always shut down the watchdog timer but would rather doing something a little more graceful.

Steve