lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Building lwip and ip.h et al not being found

From: Chris Frost
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Building lwip and ip.h et al not being found
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 13:16:00 -0800

On Sat, Nov 27, 2004 at 08:30:05PM +0000, Kieran Mansley wrote:
> >This is my first experience in using lwip (v1.0.0, fwiw), are Adam
> >Dunkels' 2001 paper,
>
> Probably out of date by now, but may have some core concepts that are of
> interest.
>
> >doc/sys_arch.txt, and the contrib 0.7.1 arch
> >files good sources to learn from to see what I need to do to support lwip?
>
> Again, not completely up to date, but better than nothing!  Like many open
> source projects we're woefully short of documentation: I've asked before,
> but if anyone feels like helping out (and often newcomers are best at this
> as they encounter the problems, and so know what needs clarifying) with
> documentation, all contributions would be gratefully received.
>
> In the mean time, this mailing list (and its archives, when they are
> working) should be able to help with most problems.

I'd be happy to help with some documentation as I work my way along. I'm
still trying to gauge whether I can do a port in a day or two amount of work;
if this works out, I'd be happy to help with this.

Looking through cvs, it looks like the ports in contrib are generally
much older than the 1.0.0 release of lwip. (Maybe I misread or missed
a port, though?) Are there any available ports for lwip 1.0.0 (or close
to it) that I could read?

thanks again,
--
Chris Frost  |  <http://www.frostnet.net/chris/>