lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Ez80 lwIP porting - errors errors and more bloody error

From: Robert
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Ez80 lwIP porting - errors errors and more bloody errors!
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 08:24:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Rod Boyce wrote:
> What ever you do don't bother with the IAR compiler it is a bigger piece
> of crap.  Although I'm talking about the HC11 and the PIC IAR compilers
> I see the same problems in both so I expect you will find the same
> problems with the ez80 version as well.

While the IAR compiler is not bug free, the "feel" is very different than
the ZDS II tools.  With ZDS, you feel like you are trying to balance a
column of jello.  Make a change to fix one problem, and another suddenly
appears.

IAR's eZ80 compiler has a much more "solid feel" to it.  While there are
bugs that I ran into, they are repeatable and predictable enough to cope
with.  For example, never use any form of optimization.

--
Best Regards,
Robert

Join the fight against spam, support the do-not-email list.