lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] How to test IP over PPP ?

From: Serge
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] How to test IP over PPP ?
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 22:08:24 +0100

On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 16:33, Kishore wrote:

Hello,

> Hi all,
> Im m studying my  log in detail , and i have some doubts to clarify.
>
> After my Link was established as sou see below, both ends are trying to send
> IPCP packets which both simply discard.
> I think IPCP config req should also be escaped ,isn it? But this is not the
> case.
> Why this happens?
> Pls help.
Packets are dropped because FCS (Frame Check Sequence) are bad. A FCS is
a checksum used to ensure that sent and received data are identical.
Bad FCS can occur if your link is bad or not 8-bit clean (I had bad FCS
when I set my serial port parameters using ISTRIP - Strip off eighth bit
-). Do you use hardware or software flow control ? I read somewhere that
if you use software flow control you should use the following asyncmap
(0x000a0000) to escape control characters.

Best regards,
Serge