lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] The question about IP-routing.

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] The question about IP-routing.
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 09:47:10 +0200 (MEST)

Hello all,

> > (1) Does lwIP support IP communication through gateway.?
>
> Yes.  At least I think so.

Yes, it definitely does. It works as advertised.

> > (3) Why does the address of gateway exist in the interface structure
> object.?
>
> Because different network interfaces might have different gateways.

The specifications even allow multiple gateways per network interface.

However, lwIP supports one gateway per interface.

Now, what is interesting is what the behaviour is if we have two network
interfaces, and a UDP PCB (i.e. a low-level socket) which is not bound to
any local interface address. If it connects to an address outside of the two
networks, which network will it choose to go out on?

I should see the code to see what happens.

Regards,

Leon.