lwip-users

[lwip-users] RFC: pbuf pool changes

From: David Haas
Subject: [lwip-users] RFC: pbuf pool changes
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 16:56:11 -0400

Hi Folks,

I have been spending a lot of time looking at the pbuf code and I don't understand the reason for the pbuf_pool_alloc_cache and pbuf_pool_free_cache pbuf_refresh(). I propose getting rid of them and always putting the freed pbuf right on top of pbuf_pool and allocate a pbuf from the same place.

This will mean that certain pbufs will get used much more often. This should work fine if we don't have any code reusing pbufs after they are freed (a bug). It will improve pbuf pool speed.

I am making these changes in my own code and I will test them overnight.

Let me know if anyone has any objections.

Regards,
David.