lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Data packets splitting on odd boundaries -> causes exce

From: Robert
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Data packets splitting on odd boundaries -> causes exception
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 14:34:25 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Michael Anburaj wrote:
> I agree, it should be an easy fix for me to fix the
> len at tcp_enqueue() function by rounding it to even
> byte boundary (the lwip_chksum() does a 16bit access)
> before doing “pcb->snd_buf -= len;”. Does this mean
> that it’s a bug? If so, how should I log it? & who
> will fix it in the CVS repository?

Several months back I reported a bug in the CS8900A driver, that it could
not properly handle odd length pbufs.  For my project, I was able to solve
this problem.  My fix will not fix the bug in the CVS code however, since
my driver assumes an 8 bit interface to the CS8900 chip.  If you are using
the CS8900 chip, you will need to fix this bug before you can transmit odd
len pbufs.  Note this bug is related to the number of bytes in each pbuf,
which is not necessarily related to the packet size.

I would appreciate a link be added from the lwIP pages to my project when
someone has a spare moment.  The URL is:

http://www.dscinet.com/eZ80/OpenEZ/index.html

Best Regards,
Robert Laughlin