lwip-members

Re: [lwip-members] RFC: lwip-devel?

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-members] RFC: lwip-devel?
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 00:09:02 +0200

Hello all,

> I think it's the best way forward from here, but would choose something

My thoughts also; the momentum has been lost by loss of our main list.

> other than lwip-devel.  How about lwip-support or lwip-discuss?  (I don't
> feel strongly about this though, and my suggestions are just what I
> thought of in the last couple of minutes, so if others have better ideas
> that would be fine with me.  To be honest, it matters more that we have a
> working list than have one with the perfect name).

Of course, it does not guarantee us a working list, but probably it will run
fine (except from the excessive spam load the mail server at Savannah
currently has to handle).

My reasoning behind lwip-devel is that currently, we do not really have
a list for discussion of development issues. It has always been split
across -users and -members.

I still hope Savannah people will fix the -users list one day, so that we
can run -devel and -users concurrently.

-members will then be a closed group for CVS committers and project
admins.

> Can we subscribe all the existing lwip-users people to the new list
> automatically?

Nope. It only allows uploading a subscription list, not downloading the
current subscribers.

Regards,

Leon