lwip-members

Re: [lwip-members] contribution policy docs

From: David Haas
Subject: Re: [lwip-members] contribution policy docs
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 08:24:21 -0500

Looks good to me. I think this will be a very helpful addition.

David.

Jani Monoses wrote:

Hi
I'd like to put a readme regarding contribution in the lwip core.
The main reason is for people to stop abusing the bug and patch tracker with trivial fixes.
Just a few things to clarify so that submitters know what is the
preffered way of reporting bugs and sending patches.
Please make suggestions or modifications to the below guidelines.

How to contribute to lwip
1)if you think you found a bug make sure it's not already filed in the
bugtracker at savannah
2)if you have a fix put the patch on savannah.If it's a patch that affects both
core and arch specific
stuff please separate them so that the core can be applied separately while
leaving another patch 'open'
The preffered way is to NOT touch archs you can't test and let maintainers take
care of them.This is a good
way to see if they are used at all - the same goes for unix netifs except tapif.
3)Do not file a bug and post a fix to it to the path area.Either a bug report
or a patch will be enough.
4)Trivial patches (compiler warning fixes, spelling typos or anything obvious
which takes a line or two)
can go to the lwip-users list. (IMHO is still the fastest way of interaction
and the list is not so crowded
as to allow for loss of fixes)

Also a list of port maintainers at the end of the file

I assume David - Colfire
Leon - C16
Florian - MSVC
various - unix