lwip-members

Re: [lwip-members] does this product run LwIP?

From: David Haas
Subject: Re: [lwip-members] does this product run LwIP?
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:22:14 -0500

Very interesting product. I wonder how much it costs?

While I had not heard of the xport before, I have certainly heard of Lantronix. They are a long time manufacturer of terminal and print servers. I would assume that they have their own networking technology in the product. The other thing that makes me suspicious that it is some SW they already had is the fact that it is based on the 186. I know you want something really cheap, but starting from scratch, would'nt you either go for one of those souped up 8 bitters or perhaps a really cheap 32 bitter. And to have to deal with those stupid addressing modes on the 186.

Of course if I was developing this, I would probably start with some very stripped down version of linux. After all, it is only networking and serving web pages and there is no real-time issues. However, I doubt it is Linux, since I don't see any source code on the web site :-) .

David.

Paul Sheer wrote:

http://www.commanderx.com/productinfo.html

does anyone know more about this product?

just interested

-paul