lwip-members

[lwip-members] Re: "lwip-members" mailing list for CVS committers

From: Leon Woestenberg
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 22:29:50 +0200

Hello all,

> A good idea about the "Bugs" interface. Should we add a few bug
> categories and bug groups and what should they be? A few suggestions for
> groups can be found on the help page: "Feature Request, Action Request,
> Crash Error, Documentation Typo, Installation Problem,...".

I am doubting whether the Bugs or Tasks interface is most useful for
feature requests.

I _think_ regular users can add tasks to a subproject (not sure). We can
have
a subproject called "Feature requests" where people can add tasks. Or,
people
can add to the existing subprojects.

But on second thought, the Bugs interface might be more intuitive and may
the place where people look first.

So, I think these are applicable to lwIP:

Feature Request
Crash Error
Documentation Error
(i.e. both Typos and Incorrect documentation).

The thing is, once we add a bug group, we can never remove it afterwards, so
we have to be conservative in that. Same for subprojects.

We can add a header to the "Add bug" and "Add task" pages so that people
add feature requests where we want them to. I agree with the Bugs
interface on 3rd thought :-)

> Should we do all fixing through the "patches" interface?  Isn't that a
> little cumbersome? Do we edit the file, run "cvs diff" and put that into
> the "Patches" interface?

Hmm, I really thought the Savannah "Patch Manager" allowed us to
add a submitted patch simply by a click of the mouse - NOT SO it seems.

No,  my idea was bad. I just hoped Savannah added this feature...

Another issue: how do you guys feel about
adding $Log:$ to the source code files so that changes can be tracked?

The downside is that we need to remove old entries from the log ourselves
when it grows too big (>5 entries or so).

Regards, Leon.