lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #56280] lwIP DNS need to support CNAME Resource Record

From: Jeff Thompson
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #56280] lwIP DNS need to support CNAME Resource Record
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 10:37:34 -0400 (EDT)

There are situations in which the CNAME is required. I'm currently working on
one such project. Each unit of my product cooks up a hostname using a unique
secret number as part of the name. It then does a DNS lookup to get the CNAME,
which it then stores for future use. That CNAME is periodically refreshed by
another DNS lookup. The CNAME must also be added to our client's whitelist of
allowed external destinations. So the CNAME is certainly need for this case.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?56280>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/