lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #58390] How to get intermediate host address?

From: Jeff Thompson
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #58390] How to get intermediate host address?
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 10:11:56 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release: None
            lwIP version: 2.1.1

Details:

The system in which my product works functions like this. The product, on of
many such devices, uses a unique, secret number as part of a hostname for a
DNS request. What is need is not the resolved IP address, but the intermediate
hostname that will resolve to that IP address. The reason is that our clients
will need to add that intermediate hostname to their firewall's whitelist of
allowed external destinations.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?58390>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/