lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] TCP implementation voilates RFC 793

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] TCP implementation voilates RFC 793
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 20:00:14 +0100

RĂ¼diger Asche wrote:

> I don't necessarily see a violation of RFC behavior. In the RFC793
> section Elena quotes, this statement is included:
>
> "If the RCV.WND is zero, no segments will be acceptable, but special
> allowance should be made to accept valid ACKs, URGs and RSTs."
>
> Wouldn't this allow for the behavior she sees?

I don't know about that. It might be, but I think that wouldn't be in the
spirit of the people writing the RFC (since the RCV.WND is not really zero). I
don't know how serious this RFC violation is, but from what she quoted, it
seems like a violation. Unless a newer RFC clarifies something or she
overlooked something. I any case, a bug entry helps to keep track of the
discussion.

Simon