lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] TCP implementation voilates RFC 793

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] TCP implementation voilates RFC 793
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 10:34:51 +0100

 "Elena Gurevich" wrote:

As I understand that all control information ( SYN, FIN, ACK, ack_no, window ) filed should be ignored and not processed in case of unacceptable segment arrival.

According tcp_receive() function from first of all it takes care of ack_no and window field for segment with ACK ? uses actual ack_no and windows values to update tcb

and takes into account segment seq_no only at data processing step.

This looks like strong violation of RFC defined behavior.

From memory, I think you might be right, but I'll have to double check that.

Could you please file a bug report for this? It might get forgotten otherwise, as developers tend to not have the time to monitor this list...

 I am a new member of lwIP and intended to use the TCP implementation as a "golden" reference, but very confused now.

That's flattering, but still lwIP is not bug-free :-) Thanks for your input.

Simon