lwip-devel

RE: [lwip-devel] lwIP 1.4.0

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: RE: [lwip-devel] lwIP 1.4.0
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 07:23:43 +0100

"Stephane Lesage" <address@hidden> wrote:
> Two things I already posted:
>
> 1. make the dns headers files C++ compatible with the classical
> #ifdef _cplusplus extern "C" { ...

See, that's the reason you should post things like this to the bug-tracker: the
risk of forgetting or not seeing the post at all (because of holidays etc. :)
is too high. I've checked it in though, so no need to add a bug entry now.

> 2. please look at the patch I posted for to post a "static" message for
> tcpip_thread callback.
> It speeds up DMA drivers.
> I made it very minimal so nobody should be harmed.

Well, I'll leave the decision up to Kieran, but in my opinion, it should not be
included: we're in a bug-fixin phase for some *months* now, there have not been
much changes since last summer. I would really like to get 1.4.0 released now
without further delay... And as I see it, rather helps speeding up the driver
instead of fixing bugs? But as I said, it's up to the project leader to decide
that :-)

Simon