lwip-devel

RE: [lwip-devel] brain storming about "socket2"

From: Micael Beronius
Subject: RE: [lwip-devel] brain storming about "socket2"
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 15:11:40 +0100 (CET)

Den To, 2009-01-15, 14:28 skrev bill:
>>> I guess I'll be heading back to Interniche if that is the case.

>> Did you benchmark the two stacks?  Perhaps a definitive performance
>> benchmark is the way to
>> make this choice.

No, I haven't. (if this question was aimed at me) For me, performance was not
number one, but
socket API worries. Currently we are developing/running this firmware on linux,
using linux
socket API, but soon we will move to hardware. Interniche does not, afaik, have
an environment
that will work in linux (which is a *great* feature of lwip), so right now, it
is even hard to
compare them without real hw.

My knowledge with Interniche has been without superloop (RTOS using round robin
by time
slicing) and a substantial use of sockets (50+ open/communicating sockets) on a
Coldfire V2,
and before that, on a 68331 (with less sockets).

>> If I have time to benchmark, I will, but it's not apples to apples.

That would certainly be interesting. But I agree, different variants of apples.

 Cheers,

  Micael