lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #19222] timeout in sys_mbox_fetch

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #19222] timeout in sys_mbox_fetch
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 20:29:02 +0000

In fact, no, the behavior is correct: timeouts have a processing priority but
and except for netconn_recv, there is no change. At netconn or socket layer,
there is no real timeouts handler defined (remember that timouts have to be
created per thread).

If you grep inside lwip sources, you will see that the only case where
timeouts can be defined is in tcpip_thread: this thread have to handle
timeouts (for ARP timer, IP reassembly timer, etc...) as soon as possible
(some timers, like SNMP, have to be as accurate as possible).

All other sys_mbox_fetch() calls are at api_lib level, and are used to wait
an acknowledge from tcpip_thread, after they have post to it a command to
execute.

Except in "netconn_recv" in UDP case, there is no behavior change.
sys_timeout is "only" use to implement timers. I think, but it's my point of
view, that the job is the same, but in this case, I always prefer my
solution...

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?19222>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/