loco-dev

[Loco-dev] Ping function

From: Janico Greifenberg
Subject: [Loco-dev] Ping function
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 21:35:22 +0200

Hi,
I just commited the new loco_ping() function, it takes the key to ping and the
ubquitous error pointer and returs a gboolean. Along with this I enabled
bidirectional transmissions over one open socket.
Also I commited the changes of the parsing so now flex and bison are used, this
way it is easier to change the format of the data send over the net than it was
with homegrown functions.
Next I will make a major change to the peer stucture: the search keys in the
tree will be the fingerprints in stead of the PGP- Key. The PGP- Key will be
will be data of the peer structure. This change gives us efficiency and I cannot
think of any negative sides (other than this delays me further from implementing
the tree). Now it won't be necessary to keep a list of all key in the keyring in
memory.

So long
   Divo

--
Warning! Taking anyone (especially yourself) too serious will be harmful