loco-dev

[Loco-dev] Using the CVS

From: Janico Greifenberg
Subject: [Loco-dev] Using the CVS
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 14:49:29 +0200

Hi,
the files that belong in the CVS are the source file of the project. Source file
are those that are written by the programmer, as opposed to files generated by
any of the tools used (example: the Makefile.am belongs in the CVS, Makefile.in
or Makefile don't as they are generated by automake or configure). This has
nothing to do with a distribution (Makefile.in would be in a distribution
tarball). Temopary files like #loco-doc.files# are not considered a source file,
neither is an empty tmp directory. Directories are especially annoying because
you cannot delete them.

A word about ChangeLogs:
As we are just writing the first version of loco, logging changes is not very
useful. But we should all try and be more precise about out changes when
commiting them (I know, mine were pretty bad too). This is not a good enty:

fixed my own mem-leak, arne: pleasure to make your source run (g)

The logs are no message board and it is not important whose error something was,
important is where you changed what. For correct style of ChangeLogs see the GNU
Coding standarts: http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards.html. Of course we don't
need to follow these too strictly (anyway not yet).
A log is not the right place for lol, rofl, smileys and stuff like that.

If new features are introduced it is always a goog idea to notify this list.

So long
   Divo
--
Warning! Taking anyone (especially yourself) too serious will be harmful