loco-dev

Re: [Loco-dev] loco again

From: Janico Greifenberg
Subject: Re: [Loco-dev] loco again
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 14:21:40 +0200

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 12:35:43PM +0200, . wrote:
> just updated loco-msg.c (second time), slowly getting used to c again...
>
> had a few problems with seg-faults, so just checking back:
> given a GList *foo (e.g. loco_list_keys()) and iterating through it
> (while foo->next != NULL {foo = foo->next}) do i have to g_free
> any/each/no node? any docs/refs you'd recommend?

The GList only stores pointers so you have to free each node and than the
List. The GLib documentation can be found at
    http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/glib/index.html
and is very useful.

> shall i change LocoKeyInfo to GList of those (as search results?), or

You can change this for searches for name, comment, email and any. Don't
change it for key and fpr since you only search for exact matches in these and
are not interested in lists.

> better: what's the cvs policy (don't break it?) == i may add files &
> make changes as long as the new version stays compatible (with the old)?

As we have not released anything yet, we don't need to worry about
compatibility, but when your affect other parts please notify this list so
we can take your changes into account.

> though i don't guess i'll touch "important" files anytime soon (g)

Which files in the project are unimortant?

So long
   Divo

--
Warning! Taking anyone (especially yourself) too serious will be harmful