lmi

Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] master 288ce278 2/3: Remove support for 32-bit b

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] master 288ce278 2/3: Remove support for 32-bit builds
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 14:54:51 +0200

On Mon, 16 May 2022 19:18:01 -0400 (EDT) Greg Chicares
<gchicares@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

GC> branch: master
GC> commit 288ce278660902172511c21898dabe54f7601d83
GC> Author: Gregory W. Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
GC> Commit: Gregory W. Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
GC>
GC>     Remove support for 32-bit builds

 Finally, the day has come! This is great to see and thanks a lot!

[I wanted to insert an ASCII art of fireworks here but managed to restrain
 my excitement at the very last moment]

GC>     These files should also be modified, by a qualified expert:
GC>       .github/workflows/ci.yml

 I've pushed this one directly already as it's a trivial change just
removing the 32-bit build.

GC>       INSTALL

 I'm not sure if we need this one at all. Do we still want to support
building lmi under Cygwin or any other Unix-like environment under MSW?

GC>       gui_test.ps1

 AFAICS the only change needed here is to s/i686/x86_64/ in the name of the
log directory, should I push it directly too or will you do it?

GC>     These files are obsolete
GC>       install_mingw.make
GC>       install_mingw32.make
GC>       msw_cygwin.make
GC>     and should therefore be expunged, but 'yml' or 'ps1' code uses
GC>     two or three of them.

 I'm a bit puzzled here because I don't see any references to these files
in neither .yml nor .ps1 file. In fact the only references to them (outside
of the change log) that I see are:

- install_mingw.make: install_msw.sh
- install_mingw32.make: nowhere at all
- msw_cygwin.make: configuration.make

 Am I missing something here or did you have some other files in mind?
VZ