lmi

Re: [lmi] Concinnity check and hardcoded paths

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Concinnity check and hardcoded paths
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 00:31:26 +0200

On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 01:11:44 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

GC> The widespread assumption that 'prefix="/opt/lmi"' is probably harder
GC> to alleviate (although I think we may be getting close),

 I am not sure if you want to deal with this at this time, but if it could
be helpful, I can easily make a hopefully exhaustive list of places that
would need to be changed to solve it. But I suspect you have more important
things to do right now, so I won't sent such list unsolicited.

GC> Anyway, I think I should make this change everywhere:
GC>
GC>   . ./lmi_setup_inc.sh
GC> + # shellcheck disable=SC1091
GC>   . /tmp/schroot_env

 Thanks for making it, this does help with not having this particular file.
In the interest of, dare I say it, concinnity, I wonder if this warning
should also be suppressed for the line

        . /opt/lmi/src/lmi/set_toolchain.sh

in lmi_setup_43.sh as this would solve another similar problem. Of course,
IMHO a better solution would be to just use ". ./set_toolchain.sh" here,
but this might be taking us into the unsolicited territory, as mentioned
above...

 Anyhow, please feel free to disregard this email completely, this is not
really a problem as we have to have lmi sources in /opt/lmi/src/lmi anyhow
for now (although we cheat and just create this directory as a symlink[*]),
I just couldn't help mentioning this for the reasons of concinnity (this
word is infectious).

 Best regards,
VZ

[*]: