lmi

Re: [lmi] PATCH for wxPdfDoc: ignore 'autom4te.cache' artifacts

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] PATCH for wxPdfDoc: ignore 'autom4te.cache' artifacts
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 12:37:38 +0000

On 2020-10-15 23:55, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 22:18:53 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
> wrote:
[...]
> GC> I still have a detached HEAD:
> GC>
> GC>   $ /opt/lmi/src/lmi/third_party/wxpdfdoc[0]$git status
>
> GC>   HEAD detached from acbd019
> GC>   nothing to commit, working tree clean
> GC>
> GC> and it feels weird to push in that state, but I'll try anyway.
[...]
>  Let me explain: if you try to do a full checkout of lmi repository, with
> the submodules (i.e. using "git clone --recurse-submodules"), it will
> currently fail

I think Kim was going to try rebuilding everything soon, so I'd
like to un-break this quickly. Would the simplest way be to
revert my last change and push? [I guess it's better to accept
your offer below.]

> [...] And, in fact, this is exactly
> what happens in the CI builds, as you can see at
>
>       https://github.com/let-me-illustrate/lmi/actions/runs/309551348

This demonstrates the value of CI, of course.

>       $ git config --global push.recurseSubmodules check

I'll adopt that recommendation now.

[...snip description of the right way to make this change...]
>  And the reason I thought you wouldn't do it is due to the fact that you
> currently don't have write access to let-me-illustrate/wxpdfdoc repository
> on GitHub. So you won't be able to push to it, unless you create a GitHub
> account and become a member (and also owner...) of the let-me-illustrate
> organization. If you don't want to do this right now

I should do that soon. But I should unbreak the build sooner.

>, I will have to push
> your commit to it for you, but this will, of course, change its SHA-1, and
> so will require another commit to lmi repository itself. This is not really
> a problem, but please let me know if you'd like me to do this right now or
> if you prefer to obtain write access to the repository yourself.

Sooner is much better than later, so yes, please.