lmi

Re: [lmi] yum: "Multilib version problems found."

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] yum: "Multilib version problems found."
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 22:39:24 +0100

On Wed, 5 Feb 2020 21:24:35 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 2020-02-05 17:39, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
[...]
GC> >  It looks like the advice is to install both 64- and 32-bit versions of
the
GC> > package, e.g.
GC> >
GC> >   yum install nss-pem.{i686,x86_64}
GC> >
GC> > and this seems logical, at some level, but I also wonder why doesn't it do
GC> > it automatically if this is all it needs. In any case, if this does work,
GC> > see no problem with updating the original command in install_redhat.sh to
GC> > do it.
GC>
GC> I tried that, as two separate commands:
GC>   yum install nss-pem.i686
GC>   yum install nss-pem.x86_64
GC> and both failed with the same error message reported earlier.

 I thought that doing it in a single command would tell yum to update them
both at once, but I have completely forgotten about the "update" command,
which also looks like a logical way to solve this problem.

GC> And I tried
GC>   yum-complete-transaction
GC> but it said there were no incomplete transactions.

 I think this could help if a transaction had been interrupted, but in this
case it wasn't even started (successfully, at any rate), because of that
"multilib problem", IIUC.

GC> Then I tried
GC>   yum update nss-pem
GC> and everything seemed to work.

 Glad to hear this!

GC> And it does indeed get farther: now I'm up to
GC>   Failed to change to directory '/tmp': Permission denied
GC> which looks easier to debug than this 'yum' stuff.

 Good luck,
VZ