lmi

Re: [lmi] yum: "Multilib version problems found."

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] yum: "Multilib version problems found."
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 18:39:25 +0100

On Wed, 5 Feb 2020 17:30:35 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> It's a new year, so I'm trying again to build lmi on a redhat server.

 Did this work last year? I.e. has anything changed or had you simply not
tried doing it before?

GC> The steps are simple--just run the latest script in git as root:
GC>
GC> $cd /opt/lmi/src/lmi
GC> $sudo sh
GC> $git pull
GC> $ ./install_redhat.sh >/home/mm53451/rhlog_$(date -u +%Y%m%dT%H%MZ) 2>&1
GC>
GC> ...but I quickly encounter the problem below: the command
GC>   yum --assumeyes install ca-certificates curl nss-pem
GC> fails, apparently because I have multiple architectures installed.
[...]
GC> Vadim--Are you familiar enough with rhel that you can immediately
GC> see how to fix this?

 No, unfortunately I don't really know much about multilib handling on
RPM-based systems. I could try setting up a similar system here and
experimenting with it, but

GC> If not, I'll go through the advice that's readily found with a web
GC> search.

 It looks like the advice is to install both 64- and 32-bit versions of the
package, e.g.

        yum install nss-pem.{i686,x86_64}

and this seems logical, at some level, but I also wonder why doesn't it do
it automatically if this is all it needs. In any case, if this does work, I
see no problem with updating the original command in install_redhat.sh to
do it.

 Please let me know if it doesn't work and if you'd like me to do anything
about this,
VZ