lmi

Re: [lmi] xmlwrapp '-Wconversion' warnings

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] xmlwrapp '-Wconversion' warnings
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 00:40:15 +0000

On 2019-03-26 23:24, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
[...]
>  AFAIR there were no other wishes for any changes in xmlwrapp, were there?
This command
  $vim -p `grep -rl 'XMLWRAPP !!' *`
finds only three instance in three files.

/// XMLWRAPP !! xmlwrapp has no such ctor as
///   xml::tree_parser(std::istream&)

Unless the idea tickles your fancy, I'll remove that comment.
The lack of such a ctor didn't prevent me from reading XML
from an istream.

/// XMLWRAPP !! It is useful to distinguish elements from DOM
/// nodes that are not elements; xmlwrapp doesn't make this
/// distinction [...]

That sounds potentially useful to me, but maybe that's only
because I don't understand XML and libxml2 well enough.

e.clear();
// XMLWRAPP !! Someday, this might be rewritten thus:
//   e.set_content(value_cast<std::string>(t).c_str());
// but for now that doesn't work with embedded ampersands.
e.push_back(xml::node(xml::node::text(value_cast<std::string>(t).c_str())));

I suppose that would be an improvement, but it's not very
important to me (I have a workaround). Maybe other people
would encounter the same difficulty and not know the
workaround; I don't know.

None of these is really important for lmi, and I wouldn't
hold up an xmlwrapp release for any of them. Let me know
if you think any of these putative improvements are
infeasible or just silly, so that I can remove them.