lmi

Re: [lmi] xmlwrapp '-Wconversion' warnings

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] xmlwrapp '-Wconversion' warnings
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 00:24:47 +0100

On Sun, 24 Mar 2019 21:01:43 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 2019-03-24 18:46, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> [...]>      https://github.com/vslavik/xmlwrapp/pull/57
GC> >   https://github.com/vslavik/xmlwrapp/pull/58
GC> >
GC> > Once these PRs are approved, I'm also going to try enabling more warning
GC> > options, including the previously mentioned -Wswitch-enum, for xmlwrapp
GC> > builds, ensuring that it stays warning-free.
GC>
GC> Excellent. Instead of pulling them into lmi piecemeal,
GC> I'll wait for you to tell me you've completed all the
GC> xmlwrapp changes you have planned.

 I think the current master of xmlwrapp, i.e. 3f6ef8f1 is as far as I'm
prepared to go for now. There are always more warnings to enable, but this
one adds the most useful (IMO) warnings not included in -Wall and sets up
the CI builds using them and -Werror, so any appearance of any of these
warnings in the future will be immediately detected.

 AFAIR there were no other wishes for any changes in xmlwrapp, were there?
The only thing I could think of was the task about getting rid of libxslt
dependency, but this shouldn't require any changes to xmlwrapp. Please let
me know if I'm forgetting anything.

 Otherwise, I'll probably officially create 0.9.1 release of xmlwrapp and
will also make the trivial patch replacing 0.9.0 with 0.9.1 in
install_miscellanea.make (unless you prefer to do it yourself for some
reason).

 Please let me know if you can think of anything else to do before then.

 Thanks in advance,
VZ