lmi

Re: [lmi] VCS caching

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] VCS caching
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 01:58:10 +0200

On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 23:23:39 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 2018-04-16 19:46, Greg Chicares wrote:
GC> > On 2018-04-15 11:32, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> >> On Sun, 15 Apr 2018 00:54:42 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
GC> > [...big snip...]
GC> >
GC> > After extensive offline discussions, I've reimplemented 'install_wx.make'
GC> > in the simpler way that you proposed, and I think commit 1d9f4f1c finishes
GC> > this work.

 Sorry, but I'm afraid there are still a couple of problems left and I've
created https://github.com/vadz/lmi/pull/82 to address them.

 The first two commits should be really uncontroversial as they just fix
small but real mistakes when using git-clone and git-fetch respectively.
The last one is slightly more arguable as it only helps in my use case and
not in yours (although it shouldn't hurt it neither, of course): without
it, when I create the proxy wx repository in my VM, I still clone the
submodules from GitHub and not from my local mirror. I'm really sorry for
promising to get rid of the loop over submodules, I completely forgot that
I still needed it for this. If you don't like it, you can skip applying
this commit and I'll just tweak things locally.

 With these changes, running install_wx.sh seems to work just fine here.

 Thanks in advance for applying (at least the first 2 of) them,
VZ