lmi

Re: [lmi] Branching to replace XSL-FO

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Branching to replace XSL-FO
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 18:38:40 +0100

On Mon, 29 Jan 2018 17:29:47 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> Now that this has apparently succeeded, what's the final command to
GC> merge this integrated branch into 'master'?

 Just "git checkout master && git merge gwc-no-xslfo", but there will be
conflicts this time around (as I've just checked), so you will need to
resolve them. But both of them (and there are just 2) are trivial: the year
in the copyright line of version.hpp has been changed differently in the
two branches, for whatever reason, while skin_group_carveout3.xrc had its
year updated in the branch but removed in master. So you need to edit
version.hpp and leave whichever variant you prefer (I guess the one from
the branch, but I don't really understand why was it modified as it was in
master) and run "git rm skin_group_carveout3.xrc" to resolve the conflict
in it by confirming that it should be removed.

 After this you would commit as usual and you can examine the actual
changes to the master by doing "git show --first-parent" (the extra option
is necessary as otherwise Git wouldn't know which diff do you want).

 Again, please let me know if you have any problems and good luck with your
first (I assume?) real Git merge!
VZ