lmi

Re: [lmi] vim highlighting for '.mst' files

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] vim highlighting for '.mst' files
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 16:26:51 +0200

On Wed, 25 Oct 2017 14:06:42 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> Vadim--I've added this:
GC>   au BufReadPost,BufNewFile *.mst set ft=ignored
GC> to my ~/.vimrc but I'd like to ask whether you'd recommend some other
GC> built-in 'ft'.

 No, I use https://github.com/mustache/vim-mustache-handlebars for it
myself to have proper syntax highlighting, so I don't use any built-in
types.

GC> (I find no built-in type specifically for mustache, and
GC> it doesn't seem important enough to use a third-party plugin, because
GC> syntax like "{{>" is already clear enough without highlighting.)

 At least for me, it's really easy to not notice a missing brace without
syntax highlighting, while it's all but impossible with it, so I think it's
well worth it even for such simple syntax (the plugin also defines
abbreviations automatically expanding "{{" into "{{ }}" and section
movements but I didn't use those).

 If you use Pathogen, installing new plugins is as simple as "git clone
git://github.com/mustache/vim-mustache-handlebars.git" (from your
"vimfiles" directory, see ":help rtp") and uninstalling them, if you don't
like them, as simple as "rm -rf vim-mustache-handlebars", so I think there
is hardly any reason to not at least try it.

 Regards,
VZ