lmi

Re: [lmi] Can we remove unused elements of the columns title map?

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Can we remove unused elements of the columns title map?
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 17:23:07 +0200

On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 15:13:18 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

[...]
GC> Now that I see the list--no, actually, every item was added for a
GC> reason.

 OK, but what does it mean for the PDF generation code? On one hand, I need
to take the titles of the columns that can appear in the supplemental
reports from somewhere and the current title map doesn't have them in the
right format (uses underscores instead of new lines). OTOH I only need them
for these columns and so half of the title map is completely unused.

 Again, the latter is not a huge problem per se, but it does seem a bit
strange modifying the labels (to use "\n" instead of "_") which are not
used anyhow. Should I still do this or should I just keep all this code
completely unchanged -- and completely unused -- and define the column
labels in the illustration generation code instead?

GC> This simplifying idea is interesting.

 I'm not sure if this is an advantage or a criticism... Just to make it
clear, I could -- although it will take some more time -- implement this
idea while exactly (modulo my mistakes) preserving the current behaviour
and without touching the existing title map at all. Should I do this?

 Thanks,
VZ