lmi

Re: [lmi] New clang errors fixes

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] New clang errors fixes
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 14:41:11 +0200

On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 11:13:29 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> Can you readily say which occurrence(s) clang objects to?

 I had initially just skipped the error details because there were several
screens of them, but looking at them closer now I see that there actually
seems to be only one real problem: the use of auto_ptr<> as scoped_ptr ctor
argument in boost/scoped_ptr.hpp which is included from
boost/regex/v4/regex_workaround.hpp from boost/regex/v4/regex.hpp from
boost/regex.hpp itself. And looking even further, boost::scoped_ptr is only
used in a couple of places and replacing it with std::unique_ptr<> should
be simple enough.

 BTW, please notice that my patch only fixed the warnings that appear
during the compilation of lmi itself, i.e. those in the headers, because I
assumed Boost source files themselves could be just compiled with
-Wno-deprecated-declarations.

GC> but a global search and replace may introduce new problems

 I thought about this and couldn't find any reasonable use of auto_ptr<>
which would be broken by replacing it with unique_ptr<> without resulting
in compilation errors. But I could be missing something, of course.

 Regards,
VZ