lmi

[lmi] XML sorting [Was: Generating pages with tables in the new PDF gene

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: [lmi] XML sorting [Was: Generating pages with tables in the new PDF generation code]
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 13:48:21 +0000

[...addressing this detail first...]

On 2017-08-27 12:50, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Aug 2017 12:23:16 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> GC> BTW, we will still need one XSL template, 'sort_cell_subelements.xsl',
> GC> and therefore I suspect that 'ledger_xsl.?pp' cannot be removed.
>
>  This is unfortunate... Keeping the file is not a problem, of course, but
> does this mean that we'd also have to keep all the code for invoking FOP
> etc? Can't we really get rid of it?

We can certainly get rid of everything that's specific to FOP.

We do need to retain
  {multiple,single}_cell_document::validate_with_xsd_schema()
  {multiple,single}_cell_document::cell_sorter()
and I suspect that means we must also keep 'ledger_xsl.?pp'...

> GC> The reason is that one external vendor provides XML input files whose
> GC> elements are not sorted, which causes XSD validation to fail.
>
>  Sorry, I'm a bit lost here. What does sorting XML have to do with
> ledger_xsl.cpp? It doesn't seem to contain any code for doing this...

...but maybe I've guessed incorrectly and 'ledger_xsl.?pp' can
be eliminated.