lmi

Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] master e41c2a5: Forestall gcc-4.9.2 external att

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] master e41c2a5: Forestall gcc-4.9.2 external attribute warnings, improved
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2017 18:07:01 +0100

On Sat, 11 Mar 2017 10:31:55 -0500 (EST) Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> branch: master
GC> commit e41c2a5f8a7a17130afac6944299e9bfc05b0537
GC> Author: Gregory W. Chicares <address@hidden>
GC> Commit: Gregory W. Chicares <address@hidden>
GC>
GC>     Forestall gcc-4.9.2 external attribute warnings, improved
GC>
GC>     Reverted the 20151221T0138Z change for 'wx_new_test.cpp' only, and
GC>     reworked that change in a better way. The unit test explicitly
GC>     shared-library attribute, inducing a warning that was suppressed with
GC>     a #pragma. Now, it is simply not endowed with any such attribute, so
GC>     that no warning arises or requires suppression.

 This is not really a comment about this commit itself, which is a change
for the better, of course, but I wonder why don't we use wx_new DLL in this
test. It would seem to be more useful to check if the actual DLL works
rather than using its code in a different way, from the one in which it's
used in the main program, in the test.

 Is there any problem with making this test more realistic?
VZ