lmi

Re: [lmi] C++ modernization

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] C++ modernization
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 11:57:24 +0100

On Tue, 10 Jan 2017 04:46:05 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 2017-01-09 16:49, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> [...]
GC> > Personally I'd prefer if you could have a look at the pending ones
GC> > (https://github.com/vadz/lmi/pull/46, 47 and 48), especially because the
GC> > likelihood of conflicts when doing such global changes is pretty high.
GC> Changeset 46 is all set. I've committed and pushed it:

 Thanks for applying this! I can confirm that lmi (still) builds fine with
both gcc6 and clang under Linux.

GC> but I don't want to learn how to do that in 'grep' ('-w' won't do it)
GC> because it'll interfere with my developing vim knowledge.

 Would I still interfere with it if I told you that "git grep -E" uses
"\<" and "\>" in the same way as Vim? BTW, I find setting
grep.extendedRegexp to true in git config by default nice: then you don't
even have to use "-E".

GC> However, now I can't sync my local mirror (which may seem superfluous,
GC> but helps detect problems like this):
GC>
GC> $git pull
GC> Enter passphrase for key '/home/greg/.ssh/id_rsa':
GC> remote: Counting objects: 166, done.
GC> remote: fatal: unable to create thread: Resource temporarily unavailable
GC> error: git upload-pack: git-pack-objects died with error.
GC> fatal: git upload-pack: aborting due to possible repository corruption on
the remote side.
GC> remote: aborting due to possible repository corruption on the remote side.
GC> fatal: protocol error: bad pack header

 Interestingly, I've never seen this happen here, not even once. So either
there is also some local component to the issue (Git version? I use recent
git, compiling it myself under Linux, rather than the older 2.1 version
provided by Debian stable), or, more likely, I've just been lucky...

 Thanks again!
VZ