lmi

[lmi] icedove anomaly

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: [lmi] icedove anomaly
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2017 15:37:51 +0000

On 2017-01-09 14:36, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Jan 2017 11:20:22 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> GC> BTW, every time I do 'apt-get upgrade', I seem to get a new 'icedove'
> GC> regression. The stackoverflow URL pasted above as a single line now
> GC> shows up as two separate lines
> GC>
> GC>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28665645/why-is-stdis-base-oft-t-true-when-t-is-a-class-type-but-false-when-t-
> GC> is-a/28666177#28666177
> GC>
> GC> as I compose this message, even though I have mailnews.wraplength
> GC> set to zero as mozilla recommends. I fear it will similarly be
> GC> split in the html archives. Apparently stackoverflow accepts
> GC> truncated URLs, even this:
> GC>   stackoverflow.com/questions/28665645/why-is
> GC> but in other circumstances this new wrapping will be harmful.
>
>  My MUA knits together even the URLs broken over two lines, so I selfishly
> don't care about this -- and even if I were more altruistic, I'm afraid I
> know absolutely nothing about Thunderbird (under any of its names) to help
> with this, sorry.

The original citation came through as a single line in the email I got
from the mailing list, and it's intact in the html archives, too:
  http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2017-01/msg00025.html
so this is less bad than I feared.

(It really is two separate lines where you quoted it above, because
what you quoted was two separate lines, intended to show what I was
seeing while composing it. I suspect that your MUA didn't knit back
together what was truly broken; you just saw it in its original
unbroken glory because it actually got sent that way, although
icedove "wrapped" it to less than screen width in the window where
I was composing it.)