lmi

Re: [lmi] Building lmi with pre-wx-2.9.5 snapshot

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Building lmi with pre-wx-2.9.5 snapshot
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 01:10:26 +0200

On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 23:01:05 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> I have been using "--disable-vararg_macros" since 2007. Will I
GC> need to un-disable that feature soon, for automated GUI testing?

 Yes. To use the modal dialog tests variadic macros are really needed.

GC> If so, I'd rather un-disable it right now, and patch around the
GC> gcc-3.4.5 diagnostics while I remember how I did that with last
GC> week's snapshots.

 If you don't plan to update the compiler any time soon, this would
probably be worth doing.

 But, and even though I think I had already said it, I'd like to repeat
that I don't think staying with 7.5 year old compiler for much longer is a
good idea. And in spite of the various problems MinGW had, g++4 is a much
better compiler.

VZ