lmi

Re: [lmi] File open fails with error message; re-open does nothing

From: Václav Slavík
Subject: Re: [lmi] File open fails with error message; re-open does nothing
Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 19:28:08 +0200

Hi,

On 5 May 2012, at 13:59, Greg Chicares wrote:
> Am I somehow misusing the wx doc-view framework, so that lmi thinks
> the erroneous file is open when it is not?

It's another place where wx is not exceptions-safe. Even though
IllustrationDocument::OnCreate() throws, the document is still created
internally by wx.

This should be fixed in wx, see http://review.bakefile.org/r/414/
It can also be fixed in LMI by ensuring that the OnCreate() implementations
don't throw:

bool IllustrationDocument::OnCreate(wxString const& filename, long int flags)
{
    try
        {
        // ...current OnCreate body...