lmi

Re: [lmi] error building libxml using install_msw.sh

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] error building libxml using install_msw.sh
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 00:07:26 +0000

On 2011-06-18 23:58Z, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 21:08:44 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

[modifying 'install_libxml2_libxslt.make' as recommended for more recent
versions of libtool than libxml2 turns out to use]

>  So I wonder if we shouldn't just leave this for now. After all, the bug
> was fixed in Cygwin itself and so the next release of it won't have this
> problem. And it only manifests itself under Windows 7 which you don't use
> yet. So maybe it should be just mentioned/documented somewhere and left
> alone for now?

Agreed. I'll just add a comment referring to this thread.

> GC> +   && export PATH="/c/MinGW/bin:${PATH}" \
> GC>     && ./configure --prefix=$(prefix) $($(notdir $@)_options) \
> GC>     && $(MAKE) \
> GC>     && $(MAKE) install \
> GC> except that we're not using "/c/MinGW/bin". That looks like an MSYS
> GC> path; should we use a Cygwin path there?
>
>  I think setting NM is not necessary with latest libtool any more, there
> was a bug which affected it before but it was fixed (I can dig and find the
> details if you're really interested).

Whether necessary or not, I imagine it's harmless. I set NM not because of
some libtool issue that I didn't know about, but just because I was setting
a whole lot of other things from AR to WINDRES. So I'd propose no change.